Being sick is no fun!
I’m typically pretty immune to catching colds but being under a lot of stress lately has lowered my ability to fight off those nasty germs. The sneezing, coughing, fever and fatigue are SO not welcome in my body! Besides using essential oils, a ton of garlic and apple cider vinegar, I have found that certain crystals have the ability to amp up my body’s natural healing abilities along with my natural first aid/wellness kit.
Using crystals when you’re sick
There are many ways you can use crystals for their healing properties. Here’s a few:
- Make a gem elixir – If you add a crystal or two into your drinking water, it charges the water. You’ll be able add some extra benefits while you’re staying hydrated.
- In the bath – Putting a few crystals in your detox bath is another great way to experience your crystals healing power. Just like the gem elixir, you’re charging your bath water with healing properties as you relax and soak in the tub.
- Meditate – Certain stones work with a specific chakra to help clear out energy blockages to help you heal. The crystals will raise your vibration and help you come into alignment with a faster recovery.
- Steaming – Using crystal charged water to steam will give you a ton of relief. Plus it just feels good. 🙂 However, don’t boil the water with the stones in it. You don’t want them to crack. Charge the water first by putting the crystals in the water and let it sit for about 30 minutes or so (maybe out in the sunlight or moonlight) and then boil the water for steaming.
- Humidifier – If you’re needing to use a humidifier, you can add your favorite healing crystals right into the water tank and let it work it’s magic while you add some moisture to your air.
- Sleep with them – You need to rest and a simple way recover with your crystals is by just sleeping with them under your pillow. 🙂
- Wear them – Keeping your crystal in your Auric field will give them a chance to consistently aid with recuperation. If you don’t have your crystals wrapped for wearing, you can keep them in your pocket, bra or find Yoni Eggs that are suitable for wearing.
Best crystals to fight a cold/flu
Carnelian – Helps you absorb your vitamins, nutrients and minerals better and improves your circulation. Carnelian is also great at alleviating congestion.
Aquamarine – Aquamarine helps with your respiratory tract and the lungs. It can help you recover faster from coughing (like bronchitis), sinuses, hay fever and allergies. Great stone to have to find relief from colds.
Aventurine – Is good for the circulatory system and the heart. It is known to help you stimulate chi (or life force) to aid you in recovery. Aventurine is an anti-inflammatory. If you’re using homeopathic medicine, aventurine will amp up the power of the remedies.
Flourite – Flourite is known to help you sustain in overall health in general. It specifically helps by purifying, restructuring or getting rid of anything that throws your energy out of alignment. It’s great to use when you’re first feeling a cold coming on. It’s a natural antiviral, immune booster and anti-inflammatory.
Clear Quartz – Quartz is such a healing stone and you can use it for any ailment you may have. It will help boost your immune system, circulatory system and increase your energy flow to bring you back into balance. It’s effective in alleviating migraines, headaches, vertigo, dizziness and exhaustion.
Lapis Lazuli – Great stone for throat discomforts and helps regulate the endocrine and thyroid glands. Also helps with ear and nasal passages.
Labradorite – Helpful for the lungs and any sort of respiratory problems. It also helps you digest better and regulates your body and metabolism.
I know you have a million things to get done but it’s important to take care of yourself first. I’m a mother of 2 and I know all too well how it feels to put myself last. Your kids, chores, goals, to-do list need you to be at your best! Get plenty of sleep, eat well, take a bath, watch a movie and care for yourself like you do others. We get sick because our bodies are demanding our attention and telling us that we need to slow down. Take the time to love yourself back to health. Feel better, 🙂